Thursday, January 2, 2014

PANTRY STORAGE HAUL

     Well hello there ! Happy New Year and welcome to 2014 ! In keeping with what I began at the end of last year (which feels like it was only 2 days ago - my how time flies ), I am forging ahead with tidying up, straightening up and adding a little more "pretty" to my home. The current task before me is to unclutter and un .... jumble our pantry. Because I will be showcasing the pantry over haul under my Organizing tab, I will only focus on the actual items that I picked up from my friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart store.


     I bought most of my organizational items from the Better Homes and Gardens collection at Wal-Mart. I will admit that I'm a bit of stickler when it comes to wanting my decor items to match. But from a functional standpoint, I also REALLY liked that these particular pieces came with a latched top that helps to seal in the freshness of whatever food items may be inside.

    
     These are just a few of the many pieces I picked up. The large box was $15 for 3 pieces. No worries, they are not the smaller ones in the front. The 3 pieces are still in the box in this picture. The smaller containers were about $3 each.


     The above container is the 2nd smallest - just 1 size larger than the 3 small containers in the previous picture. While not 1 of the larger sizes, it is still on the larger side in general.


     This picture - and the next 2 to follow - are a demo of how the lid and lid latch work to keep the freshness contained. The latch starts in an upright position ...


     You then push the lid down to fit snugly into place while leaving the latch standing upright ...


          Then you collapse the latch to either side to completely close the container. Perfection! Below are just a few more photo's and size/type comparisons of the other containers I purchased.



    Because you guys are my favorites, here is a very little sneak peek of what's to come in my actual pantry organization blog post. Be sure to keep your dials tuned here for more !




 
xoxo,
 
tanesia nerese
     

No comments:

Post a Comment