Monday, December 30, 2013

CHRISTMAS DECOR - PART 2

     I trust that you all had an amazing Christmas Day filled with lots of love, happiness and joy ... and presents ... and food. Lots of food. Though it would appear that this post is a few days late - being that Christmas Day has come and gone - it is actually right on time! I didn't want to force my way into your homes via your PCs, tablets and cell phones on a day meant for putting all of those electronics aside ( or opening them up in beautifully wrapped packaging ).

     Of course I'm probably giving myself too much credit anyway b/c who actually would have been reading my fabulous, amazing, SUPER entertaining, very well written blog on Christmas Day anyway, right ? :-) No seriously, I want to know who would have been reading in case I do need to post for future Christmas'. Raise your hands ! OK, never mind ...

     Anyhoo, for anyone interested here are a few snippets of our awesome Christmas morning and subsequent day:


 


 

 
 
 
     But my favorite moment of all from this year's Christmas activities was making breakfast with my little fireball. And yes, it was as yummalicious as it looked, despite her very un-enthused facial expression in that bottom right picture :
 



 
     Alrighty! Now that we've gotten all my family's Christmas morning fun out of the way, we can shift the focus back where it belongs - on the rest of the holiday decor. As I said in my previous Christmas Decor  post, I wanted to do a little more this year than I had the past 2 years (since we have lived in our current home ). Avery is only getting older and holiday decor is so much fun, so why not "do it up" a little. There is still MUCH more that I would love to do in the future, and I anticipate adding a little something new and special each year. But for now, here's what I was working with:
 
 
     This little doorknob hanger only cost me a dollar at ... you guessed it! THE DOLLAR STORE ! I thought it was simple but cute and a fun holiday feel was more the decor type I was going for year.

 
     This little guy was one that I picked up for $10 at Marshalls. And he goes right along with the other two that are this same make that I purchased from Home Goods for no more than $20. I really enjoy the vintage yet whimsical feel of these cute little stuffed animals.

 
     The gold hurricane and small pebbled Christmas tree were purchased at Target. The hurricane was about $19 - a little more pricey than I'd hoped but I wanted it nonetheless - and the tree was $10. They look gorgeous when they're all lit up in our entry way at night. 


 
     Our stockings were hung by the chim .... ummmm .... by the picture window with care :-) They were from Target and they were a set that we had from last year's Christmas. I do not remember their price but I do recall them having been on sale and not too expensive. The candles are battery operated and also in my previous Christmas Decor post. At that time I was missing my greenery and stockings so I "hit you with it one more time" (in my Brittany Spears voice) !



     This is also another pic from my previous Christmas Decor blog but I posted it again as I'd added the smaller candle holders spelling the word J-O-Y.

 
     An aerial view *wink wink* of the decor on the dining room table.
 
 
This was post Christmas present opening later on in the night - hence the fully opened and on display gifts.
 
 
     A little closer view of some of our favorite ornaments and a golden tree topper. So there you have it friends, our Christmas Decor for 2013. I hope to do it up much more for 2014 so stay tuned !
 
xoxo,
      
tanesia nerese




No comments:

Post a Comment